Monday 10 January 2011

Lecture No.7 Development of creative thought and structure in illustration and graphic art





Developing Ideational Fluency, is the first principle I shall looking at. I find that its best to first start with words other than imagery it marks out the beginning stages of any design choice. What format it will be done in, presentation, target audience. So I do usually start my thinking process with a simple brain storm, as seen above I was looking at what advertising had in store, to see exactly how many choices and to also see the different media involved with advertisement. Once my brainstorm is complete its obvious that there are lots of different choices to make, should I make an animation? Moving image? Posters? and so on. Also things to look out for in general as in the demographic. With this information at hand I usually move onto thumbnail sketches.

Thumbnails should be nothing more than very rough sketches, It should not be a point where time would be wasted, if there is a tight deadline then you're going to need to get out as many rough thumbnails as you possibly can, so you can start choosing which ones will move forward into developing stage.

Managing a creative environment, believe it or not the image above is my workplace, I have no desk no chair. For some reason I have never complained to be honest. I am more a digital man myself so when I must do some drawings I do just draw where ever I can find a place. To me I don't think having a super well organised work place is absolutely needed to create perfect works of art. Familiarity is the most important and well if its comfortable or not. Some say a work place it self can inspire creative ideas, I do agree with this, most times I find myself looking around my room to find a shape of an object that I can draw from, or just some general shapes that get formed by items piled on top of each other, in my case wiring! Lots of it, it just adds sometimes the paths the wires move in, the entanglement of the wires...oh the mess! I am a messy person, but surprisingly I like working with clean pieces of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment