Tuesday 11 January 2011

Lecture No.9? Production



From novice to expert, I really did have a bone to pick with this principle, because it basically asks us to rate our selves in an industry where there are many different types of opinions, styles, lifestyle, basically everyone in the creative design should be are going to be different.

I also think if were were to rate our selves, there are way too many levels here on this chart, five different levels of competence in my opinion is way to much. I think there should be one where skills are still developing and another for when skills are developed. Though I do not wish to, I must now rate myself for the sake of this principle. I shall rate myself as *drum roll* 'Competent'.

The experts, for this principle I am to choose my favourite 'expert' which I find a little hard to do but if I was forced it would be an artist named 'Ashley Wood'. Why? Simple, he developed his own personal style that stands out to me, and he uses that style to create works of art that really interest me as a creative.
I must admit my own personal work doesn't even come close to anything like this because I work with computers and I use a completely different style which is on the opposite side of the spectrum. It doesn't stop me from enjoying and listing him as one of my favourite artists. Through out my time studying I have looked at many different designers/artists and yes some inspire's me and some well stayed as interesting. I also have to say that I get inspired not just by people who are in the industry but those that are still studying.
Ashley Wood definitely takes the number one spot for amazing line work and interesting brush strokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment